While there’s much to experience at The Wire and James Newbury Hotel we also encourage you to explore the history and beauty of the Hudson River Valley. The famous Hudson River School painting movement was born just 20 minutes away. Rip Van Winkle took his famous snooze in this neck of the woods. The magic and majesty of this region continue to draw visitors from all over the world.
- Historic Reed Street and Waterfront – shopping, dining and entertainment just steps from the hotel.
- River Activities (fishing, kayaking/canoeing, boating)
- Hudson-Athens Lighthouse
- Olana State Historic Site
- Bronck Museum
- Thomas Cole House
- Coxsackie Antique Center
- Hudson antique shopping and restaurants
- Hudson-Berkshire Wine & Spirits Trail